From New York, USA:

My girlfriend is moving out of her house and in with me soon, so she will no longer be on her parents' insurance. What insurance company should she use to get insulin and other medical supplies?

Kids who come off their parent's health insurance due to attaining legal age or some other event should be able to convert the coverage into an individual coverage. It's not cheap, but it is better than no coverage at all. Contact the health insurance company for more information regarding the right of conversion. In addition, many states have a coverage risk pool that offers coverage for folks with chronic disease and other conditions. For more information, check out the Consumer's Guide to Getting and Keeping Health Insurance In New York sponsored by the Georgetown University School of Health Policy.

Posted to Insurance/Costs