Question:

From Palm Desert, California, USA:

I have been a type 1 diabetic for 20 years. I take four or five shots a day. I had trouble finding a bracelet I thought was "cool" enough to wear. Anybody with a medical condition should wear identification, but many don't because they are ugly.

I found a web site that sells cool looking medical identification products and was hooked. The woman who started it did it for her diabetic daughter and she gives a portion of proceeds to diabetes. You should let all of your members and visitors know about this site. It may save my life!

How do we get more people to search for medical identification tags? I have never had a doctor insist I have one!

Answer:

As a parent, I have always encourage my child to wear medical identification of some kind. This is particularly important when driving or out on your own.

I don't know why diabetes teams do not encourage people to wear the products. There are so many to choose from now (see our listing of medical identification products).

JSH