From Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA:

My eight year old daughter was hospitalized this weekend and her blood sugar level was 144 mg/dl [[8.0 mmol/L], then 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L]. The Emergency Room doctor told me it was fine. My daughter was pale and did not wake up for 18 hours. She was pale today after she did six laps walking around her playground and her blood sugar was 133 mg/dl [7.4 mmol/L]. I had her drink water and it went down to 104 mg/dl [5.8 mmol/L]. She has excessive thirst, especially at night. Her morning blood sugar was 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L].

A normal blood sugar is usually 65 to 110 mg/dl [3.6 to 6.1 mmol/L]. Any variance from that, especially if it is recurrent, can represent a problem. I would encourage you to have your daughter examined at your pediatrician's office. They can recommend if your daughter would benefit from testing for diabetes.