From Bertrand, Missouri, USA:

My six year old daughter is always complaining about her stomach hurting. Could this be because of the insulin she is taking? Also, she is always itching all over her body. What is making this happen?

I don't think your daughter's stomachache and itching might be due to an insulin allergy. Allergic reactions associated with the use of insulin can be local (appearing around the injection site) or can affect two or more body systems (anaphylaxis). A local allergic reaction may cause itching, redness or swelling at the injection site. I suggest you discuss this with your pediatric endocrinologist and pediatrician.

Posted to Aches and Pains and Insulin