From Indiana, USA:

I have been told that my state, Indiana, is one of the states that requires insurance companies to pay for all diabetes supplies. How do I find out about this?

Indiana is one of 46 states that has laws requiring health insurance policies issued or delivered within the state to provide coverage for diabetes treatment, equipment or supplies. The citation is IN Rev. Stat. §27-8-14.5. However, this law only applies to policies or contracts subject to state jurisdiction, like direct pay contracts with the insurer or small groups of 25 or less. Group contracts of 25 or more, union welfare benefit programs, employer-sponsored benefit programs that are self-insured or self-funded are not subject to state mandated health insurance minimum coverage requirements. Look to the explanation of benefit booklet or contract issued by the insurer or plan sponsor to learn about what type of plan you have.

Posted to Insurance/Costs