From Coopersville, Michigan, USA:

I work at a college health center. We recently had a student with a history of type 1 diabetes diagnosed with mononucleosis. This student called me today asking if mononucleosis would affect her blood sugars. The student said that when she is lying down, her blood sugars are stable. But, once she gets up and walks around, her blood sugar is dropping. I asked the student to contact her endocrinologist. They only told her to adjust her insulin, as needed, for the situation. We are both curious what effect mononucleosis has on individuals with type 1 diabetes.

I don't think there is anything especially unique regarding the effects of mononucleosis upon diabetes mellitus. Increased activity can lead to lower glucose.

I think it would be important to discern whether the student "feels" as if glucose is lower or is actually checking and confirming that the glucose IS lower.