Question:

From Lancaster, California, USA:

Is there any relationship between Rhogam shots given to a mother with a negative blood type and their child's type 1 diabetes? I had two Rhogam shots, one at 28 weeks gestation and one after birth. I have heard that vaccinations could also possibly cause type 1. My son was diagnosed with type 1 at the age of one and a half, one month after his vaccinations. Are there any studies in which my son and I could participate?

Answer:

There are a lot of myths about vaccinations/immunizations causing diabetes, but the most recent research studies have refuted these theories. To my knowledge, there is no causal association of Rhogam injections whatsoever.