Question:

From Karachi, Pakistan:

I have a patient taking Regular and NPH, via injection, in the morning and the evening. The patient is having trouble drawing up the insulin. So, is it better to start the patient on Humulin 70/30?

Answer:

I suppose the question is dosage errors. Are they unable so they are making errors? You can discover that in the clinic setting by doing some testing. For most children, the 70/30 fixed ratio just isn't right for adequate coverage, especially with a large evening meal. But, huge errors in dosing are worse.

Posted to Insulin and Daily Care