Question:

From Chatham, Illinois, USA:

My blood sugar is 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L] and I am having problems getting it to stay down even after heavy exercise and eating right. Could it be my meter?

Answer:

Your question should be relatively easy to answer You should have some way of testing a standard glucose solution provided with your meter or available for purchase to be used with the meter. By using this test solution with your meter, you can tell whether you are getting the desired results or not. Another way of addressing this is comparing results with your meter with those obtained in your doctors' office. Finally, you can address this with your diabetes education team at your present location.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA