From England:

My son has just had a urine test which showed a high sugar level. The doctor has told us to go for a blood test in the next couple of days at the local hospital. My son also has ADHD for which he is not taking any medication at present. With puberty and ADHD, his behavior has deteriorated. We are looking to put him back on Ritalin. Can this be linked with diabetes?

Neither ADD, ADHD, or Ritalin are associated with high blood sugar or high urine sugar levels. There are some antidepressant medications that can cause glucose intolerance, but Ritalin is not one of these. Depending upon how abnormal the urine glucose levels were, I would certainly not wait to get the blood work done, however.

Posted to ADHD