From Quebec, Canada:

Are weight loss supplements okay to take if I am overweight? I have been looking at supplements on the Internet. I saw a few supplements such as the two day fast shakes and the slimming formula. I'm 15 years of age. I was thinking of asking my dietitian, but I wasn't to sure since she doesn't like those things. Are these supplements safe and effective? If not, are there any supplements that help weight loss and anything?

There are no weight loss supplements that I could recommend, especially for children.

[Editor's comment: You should speak to your dietitian and physician about your weight loss efforts. In general, consuming smaller portions from healthy food groups, combined with increased exercise, should help you lose weight. BH]

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss