From Salamanca, New York, USA:

My daughter is a type 2 diabetic. For a couple days now, her sugar will not come down at all no matter what we do. It seems like her Humalog doesn't effect her high sugar at all. What can I do until she can see a specialist on the 10th?

I don't think that there is enough information here to help you at this time. When you see the other physician on the 10th, there will likely be more information.

Unfortunately, it is no longer unusual for a child to have type 2 diabetes. But, if the glucose levels are not coming down, then I suppose one may want to re-review that diagnosis. Is your daughter overweight? Does she excrete increased ketones in the urine? Is she on other medications? Does she faithfully take the medications currently prescribed? How old is the insulin? Where do you store it?

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA