From Novato, California, USA:

My 28-year-old husband is 5 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs just under 300 pounds. He is extremely unhealthy. I am looking for advice on the easiest way for him to lose the weight and be healthy. He has recently been diagnosed with pre-diabetes and we don't want him to get full blown diabetes. He has a hectic work schedule and we have to eat on a tight budget. He leaves early in the morning and always skips breakfast. Sometimes he will starve all day then gorge himself at night when he gets home from work. I want my husband to be around for our newborn daughter's life, but I know he is in a high risk category because of his weight. Please help us get on the right track to a healthy life.

It sounds like your husband would benefit from a structured weight loss program such as Weight Watchers or The South Beach Diet. The question is, will he agree? Do you need to lose weight, too? If so, maybe you can get him to do it with you.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss