From Waco, Texas, USA:

My child's nutritionist and doctor have mentioned a computer program or recipe conversion chart that helps convert ingredients in your favorite recipes to help you know whether or not it is healthy for your child. I have looked all over the Internet and can find no such conversion product. Is there such a thing and is it available for non-physician use? I am struggling to find healthy things that my teenager will actually eat.

I am not familiar with such a program (although I am sure there probably is one or two available). Something that might benefit you and your child more is to visit the USDA web site. This web site is very interactive and is pediatric focused. It is nicely put together and would give you some guidance on meal planning for your child. After visiting this web site, if you still have questions or concerns, I would suggest you schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning. He/she can answer many of your questions and develop an individualized meal plan.