From Lisburn, United Kingdom:

I have type 1 diabetes and take insulin four times a day. I recently have had great control of my blood sugars. Now, I want to focus on getting my weight down while still keeping control of my blood sugars. I have tried everything I can, such as exercise and eating healthier than normal. I've even cut out the treat that I get at the end of each week, which is something to which I look forward every week. Are there any suggestions that you could give to help me lose weight while still keeping my blood sugars under control?

The only way would be, above the eventual increase in physical exercise, to cut calories enough to lose the excess weight and make sure you are dosing your insulin properly. To do this, talk to your doctor for a consultation with a dietitian to set a proper nutritional plan.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss