Question:

From Huntsburg, Ohio, USA:

I am wondering if there are stores that sell carrying cases for diabetes supplies. We are going to Disney World and need a case for my son's supplies. I have found numerous web sites, but would like to see the cases prior to purchasing so that I buy the right size.

Answer:

You can sometimes find medical carrying cases and/or insulin cooler packs at drugstores and discount stores, such as WalMart, near the pharmacy. Medical supply companies (look in the yellow pages to see if any local ones have an actual store) often have the bags specifically designed for diabetes supplies. However, your best bet may be a looking at toiletry bags at a luggage store or discount stores. You can then use a cooler insert (see our page on Carrying Cases for information on the Frio pack) if you need to keep the insulin cool. I like the Frio packs the best for insulin travel and have only seen the Frio packs sold on-line.

MN