From New York City, New York, USA:

I am a dietitian with a patient that has recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. His parents are primarily Arabic speaking and I am trying to locate some education materials in their language, preferably materials on carbohydrate counting and insulin administration. This has been a very difficult task and I would greatly appreciate any information or suggestions.

A good place to begin is our listing of General On-Line Sources This link has two web sites that are both in English and Arabic and include a good deal of educational material.