From Sugar Land, Texas, USA:

Today, after we convinced our endocrinologist to consider a growth hormone for our son, he ran many tests before he could make his decision. One of the tests was a Clonidine Stem Test. I didn't ask what it was and I cannot find anything that I can understand on the Internet. Can you help me find a site or explain what the test is. I understand it was needed to determine if he could qualify for the growth hormone.

My son has had type 1 diabetes for 14 years. He has been below the line on the growth chart his entire life. He is not growing as much as he should be at this point.

It's a pretty standard growth hormone test. See the Magic Foundation web site.