From Pembrooke Pines, Florida, USA:

My little sister has had diabetes since she was about one year old. She is currently nine and has become very bad tempered. When I asked her mom about it, she told me that she had asked the doctor and he said that it might be because of her glucose level. I'm not to comfortable with that and wanted to know if it was normal to be so bad tempered now, because last time I saw her, five years ago, she was a very normal child and not bad tempered at all. Should I be worried or is this a normal thing?

Diabetes is not associated with a bad temper. Occasionally, a child can be ill-tempered briefly if they have a high or low blood sugar -- but at other all other times, you can't blame a child's temper on diabetes.

Posted to Behavior