Question:

From Wilton, Connecticut, USA:

My nine-year-old son, who has type 1 diabetes and autism, has been complaining of foot pain around the ankle and lower leg pain. I know he needs more exercise because therapy takes up a great part of his week and because he is low-tone, common with autism. He has good A1cs, but fluctuates between highs and lows. Could this be due to lack of movement or is this diabetes-related? What could we do to help?

Answer:

I doubt that his leg pain is related to his diabetes. His pediatrician will be your best resource in helping to determine the source of his leg pain.

Posted to Aches and Pains