From Simi Valley, California, USA:

My daughter uses an insulin pump with NovoLog. She dances for more than 11 hours a week. On two days, she disconnects the pump for dance up to four hours at a time. Her blood sugars are high after dance, so she corrects and is low in the night. Our doctor suggested only giving the basal amount missed during the four hours, but she is way too high in the morning. I'm thinking of using the untethered regimen on just those two days a week. What are your thoughts or suggestions?

Untethering seems a reasonable option. Must she disconnect the complete four hours? Can she check her glucose each hour into the dance lesson and give little corrections during the sessions?

Posted to Insulin and Daily Care