From Arlington, Virginia, USA:

My son is in his fifth year of having type 1 and we are finally switching to basal-bolus therapy. We are currently considering using Insuflon, rather than increasing his injections. He's currently doing two daily injections, NPH and Humalog at breakfast and dinner. However, I was speaking to a woman not too long ago and she had just started her son on this therapy as well, but was using something else, not a pump. I cannot remember what it was, but I do remember that she said that it was not "flush to the skin." I tried to search another apparatus that you would use for this, but wasn't having any luck. Do you have any idea what she was using? Other than injections, the pump, and Insuflon, are there any other ways to do basal-bolus therapy?

In addition to the Insuflon indwelling catheter, which is inserted on an angle like the Comfort infusion set, Patton Medical makes a new indwelling catheter called the I-Port which is inserted straight in.

Both the Insuflon and I-Port can make multiple daily injection therapy easier for anyone who is uncomfortable with or afraid of injections.