From Norwalk, Iowa, USA:

At the Walk for the Cure, they were advertising an energy drink for diabetics, called XS Energy Drink. It has 0 grams of carbohydrates, 8 calories, and a multitude of B-Vitamins, Ginseng, and caffeine. The sweeteners used are Ace-K and Sucralose. My daughter is very active in her early morning soccer games. Do you think this sounds like a safe product for her consumption before physical activity?

The drink you describe sounds like a safe drink with acceptable artificial sweeteners, although these products tend to be a bit pricey and most of the time unnecessary. I would advise your daughter to think of consuming another type of drink (one with a few more grams of carbohydrates) before or during strenuous activity in order to prevent hypoglycemia. An example might be diluted Gatorade or Powerade.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Exercise and Sports