From India:

Is it beneficial to take insulin glargine with other long-acting insulins or with Mixtard 70/30 or 50/50 ?

First, insulin glargine should not be mixed in the same syringe with any other insulins. It changes the action profile of the insulins. Second, there is some theoretical benefit to adding NPH if patients have a pronounced rise in blood sugar in the morning that is not suppressed by the glargine and where increasing the glargine is not possible because of hypoglycemia. You need to work with your physician regarding this question. Many times, you can avoid this need and additional complexity in your insulin regimen. As for commercially mixed insulins, I am not as enthusiastic about these agents. Rather, I prefer to adjust each of the individual components found in the mixture.

Posted to Insulin and Insulin Analogs