From San Diego, California, USA:

My 13-year-old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 two weeks ago. Prior to the diagnosis, I planned for her to receive the Gardasil immunization. What is the status of diabetic teens receiving Gardasil?

It is the same as for any other teen; I recommend it. Diabetes is unrelated to the need and the shots will cause no problems with the diabetes.

Fortunately, for every immunization we give there is very good data that none cause or conflict with diabetes. We are preventing some very dangerous diseases. This one will prevent cervical cancer.