From Marietta, Georgia, USA:

I was told by the diabetes care team that there is a cable that will allow the OneTouch Ultra meter to download to the Medtronic site so I can get all the information to the doctor. Right now, my son is on the 715 Paradigm pump; uses the Paradigm meter at school, started the DexCom continuous glucose meter in March and uses the OneTouch Ultra meter to calibrate it at home. So, I am sending in several sheets of data to the doctors. I could have him check his blood sugar on the OneTouch Ultra and Paradigm, but our insurance will not cover two different kinds of strips and he doesn't want to carry two meters. If we could get all the meter information into one software for data collection, it would help us and the doctors to see patterns.

My son is 15 and in a huge growth spurt right now so we are sending info to the doctors weekly. He was in the hospital this past weekend. We just went in for training as he was six when diagnosed. Since his father was diabetic, we caught him at 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L] ourselves. They never hospitalized our son since it was a small town with one diabetic doctor for pediatrics who did not go to the hospital. John Clarke who told us about the cable said I could get it from LifeScan, but LifeScan didn't know about any cables working with the Paradigm software. As I am paying for the DexCom, not insurance, I would like to know it works before buying.

To use any software that reads a LifeScan OneTouch Ultra meter, you will need the meter interface cable, which can be ordered online from any one of several stores. For more information, see the LifeScan software page.