Question:

From Texas, USA:

My teenage daughter will be attending church camp in Texas for the first time this summer. I will also be going as a sponsor. The camp is telling us that all medications MUST be kept at the health center and injections given by their personnel (per Texas law). Are there any laws pertaining to camps like there are for schools to allow her to carry her insulin pen and supplies WITH her at all times and administer her own shots as needed?

Answer:

I am not aware of any law, rule or regulation that would require a camp operated by a religious organization not accepting public funds to allow children to self-administer prescription medications without the supervision of a licensed health care professional. For further assistance, please contact an attorney licensed to the practice of law in your state.

DSH