From Tetovo, Macedonia:

I was diagnosed with type 1 a year and a half ago. My treatment is two types of injections, NovoRapid before every meal (10 units) and Levemir (16 units) before bed, which is usually at 10 p.m. I have had good blood sugar levels. Is an insulin pump a good replacement? Does it work as well as injections?

I am glad that your current treatment is providing you good results. You need to make sure that the results you have are those that your doctor feels are desirable for you. You should also be receiving a test called a hemoglobin A1c test that measures your average daily blood sugar over the previous three months. This test has been correlated with clinical outcomes, including the development of complications. This test should also be performed to make sure you are reaching your blood sugar goals. If your blood sugars and hemoglobin A1c are both in the desirable range, it is not necessarily true that things will be better with an insulin pump. However, I feel it is probably the most flexible tool for administering insulin. That means that those with alternative schedules, a lot of physical activity, frequent hypoglycemia, and those who are not meeting glucose goals, may still see benefit from insulin pump therapy.