From Mullins, South Carolina, USA:

My 10-year-old child had what appeared to be impetigo beginning on her knee. We took her to the pediatrician and he gave her some medications which cleared it up, BUT said if it reappeared, it could be a sign of the beginning of childhood diabetes. Well, two months have gone by and it has reappeared. I cannot find any references to it relating to possible childhood diabetes. We plan to take her to a second doctor, but want to know if this is possible.

To my knowledge, impetigo is not related to childhood diabetes.