Question:

From Slovak Republic:

I am 15 years old and play tennis. Before diagnosis, I was ranked second my grade. Despite diabetes, I would like to be great tennis player, but I have one problem. My parents have a yearly earnings $13,000 together, so we don't have the money for playing tennis on a higher level. Do you know where I can find financial aid to play tennis?

Answer:

I am unaware of any organizations that provide financial assistance to help someone play tennis, with or without diabetes. The Novo Nordisk Donnelly Awards do fund two $5,000 scholarships annually for young adults with diabetes who play tennis competitively. Although it is too late for this year, perhaps you could apply next year.

JSH