Question:

From Frankfort, Kentucky, USA:

My 16-year-old daughter has type 1 diabetes and was confirmed with POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) yesterday through LH, FSH and estradiol tests. Our endocrinologist is going to do additional tests for antibodies to see what other systems issues she may have. He has not seen anyone at this age with this condition. T4 and TSH tests showed my daughter to be slightly hypothyroid as well. We are looking for fertility resources, someone who might be able to determine the viability of her eggs and how/when/if they can be harvested. Can you help us locate resources/physicians who are knowledgeable/experienced in this type of situation?

Answer:

I would suggest discussing this with local fertility specialists in your area, probably adult gynecologists.