Question:

From Tokyo, Japan:

I have a burning sensation in my feet and feel drowsy most of the time. I had my period last week, but am still spotting. Is this diabetes? I developed vision problem last year, short sightedness. My father has had diabetes since he was 28. I am 26.

Answer:

If you were to develop diabetes, you would likely experience the symptoms of a rapid rise in blood sugar. They include frequent urination, thirst, weight loss, and blurring of vision. If you have any of these problems, it is very important that you go to your physician and receive testing for diabetes. This is likely to be a fasting glucose level.