From Birmingham, Alabama, USA:

I am a junior and the president of S.T.A.R, an organization under construction. I attend Holy Family High Cristo Rey High School and I am looking for some advice and pointers on starting an organization to help young children with diabetes. Our class decided to start up an organization to help them cope with their diagnosis and take their mind off it for a little bit. So, if you could, it would be very helpful if you would please send us some advice.

I think your idea is excellent, and if I were you, I would look to students at your high school who have diabetes for suggestions on what to do.

[Editor's comment: You may also want to contact your local hospitals to see if they run or aware of any local support groups for children with diabetes that you could contact. BH]