From Rieti, Italy:

I'm an Italian woman, diabetic since the age of 11. My diabetes is extremely "crazy." In July 2005, I had a pancreas transplant at Pisa University. My transplant was done by Professor Ugo Boggi with the Professor Mosca team. However, the procedure has not provided the expected results. My body has rejected the pancreas so I now have many compliance and other problems. Next Easter, I will be going to New York for the holidays and I hope to be able to meet a specialist to talk about my problems. Can you help me find a specialist?

You may wish to look at transplants at the University of Minnesota, where there has been an excellent success record in both pancreas and islet cells transplants. For more information, see The Diabetes Institute web site.

Posted to Research: Cure and Other