From Babylon, New York, USA:

Recently, my son switched from Regular insulin to NovoLog. He never complained about any injections hurting until this switch! All of the sudden, he is screaming that the morning injection of insulin, which includes the NovoLog, burns him. The night injection that is only NPH does not bother him at all, so I know this is not a way of getting attention or anything like that. He is not having any injection site reactions. Our doctor says it is not possible for the NovoLog to burn.

That's a new on for me, too. Ask your educator to look at how you are giving the shots to be sure they are not intradermal where the nerves are located. That is one suggestion, technique.

Posted to Insulin Analogs and Aches and Pains