Question:

From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA:

I know a lot of restaurants and fast food places offer nutritional information, but I'm finding more and more that don't. Most recently, I've found TGIFriday's doesn't. I even called their 800 customer service number and they offered no help. This ultimately means we won't be going there anymore, but what can be done to change it so that ALL restaurants have to have nutritional information on hand?

Answer:

You are sending a signal loud and clear by not patronizing those establishments which don't provide adequate nutritional information or will not provide appropriate customer service. And, the more people take a similar stand, the more readily accessible the nutritional information will come. On a more positive note, a wonderful web site for fast food and sit down restaurant information is Calorie King. This web site has a very easy to use search tool to find restaurant specific nutrition information.

JMS