From France:

Is your web site just for children? If it is for adults, I would like to know if you can tell me where I can get hold of some diet plans to help me with my diabetes? I was diagnosed three days before Christmas 2007. I know very little about diabetes and I need to learn quickly. My doctor says I have to reduce my weight as soon as possible, which I am trying to do with the help of an online weight loss program. I hope you can give me some ideas.

First of all, our web site is for all people with diabetes, not just children.

I have checked with the members of our diabetes education team. One of our dieticians, Maxine McElligott has suggested you try the American Dietetic Association web site to obtain recommendations for nutrition. I do not know about the other organization you mentioned. The American Diabetes Association has information about nutrition and diabetes, too. Finally, I highly recommend you meet with a registered dietician who has knowledge about diabetes so they can personalize your dietary prescription and provide you with quick references.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss

Last Updated: Thursday June 19, 2014 16:27:13