From Kokomo, Indiana, USA:

I took my son to the hospital the other night because he has been sick and not eating. I had noticed that he has been extra thirsty for the last six months, like he can't get enough to drink. At the hospital, they checked his blood sugar and it was 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L]. He didn't eat anything that day, but I did give him orange and apple juice about three hours before going to the hospital. Should I have him checked for diabetes? It does run in my family and I had it when I was pregnant with him.

No further check is apparently required. But, you may want to ask your pediatrician for a double check of his urine and blood sugar levels.