Question:

From Chennai, Tamilnad, India:

What is the treatment for bladder wall thickening in type 2 diabetes?

Answer:

I am afraid I have no information on this subject. I am not aware of a direct association between diabetes and urinary bladder wall thickening. There is a condition called "neurogenic bladder" that can occur as a form of diabetic neuropathy. This type of neuropathy generally occurs after many years of uncontrolled blood sugar. We find improved symptoms from neuropathy with marked, prolonged improvement in blood sugar, such as an A1c less than 7%.

ChR

Posted to Other and Type 2