From Auckland, New Zealand:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 18 months ago. She manages extremely well and her A1c suggests she is still within her honeymoon period. When she was initially diagnosed, she complained of having a sore tummy. This has continued off and on since then. I have had her tested for celiac and she had a tummy scan which shows no obvious issues. Do you have any idea what may be causing her this discomfort?

Tummy pain is a difficult condition to diagnose in children whether they have diabetes or not. It is appropriate to consider celiac disease and I'm glad to see that she has been tested already for that. There are several other tummy pain problems that children can have, the majority of which are not serious. If her pain persists, I would encourage you to talk with your pediatrician and have a thorough history and physical examination done (you may have already done this). If it persists after that, you may wish to talk with a pediatric gastroenterologist also. It is possible, even likely, that her tummy pain is not related to her diabetes.

Posted to Aches and Pains