From Chennai, India:

My daughter was diagnosed with PHHI at birth and also had a 95% pancreacductomy. She still has tube feeds of milk and cornflour mixed together, especially in the nights to regulate her sugars. At 20 months, she now weighs 18 kgs (almost 40 pounds). As she is putting on too much weight, I would like to know whether she can just have cornflour with water through the tube at nights. Will it still control her sugars? According to the dietitian, her intake of milk is too high.

You should discuss this directly with your pediatric endocrinologist who knows your child well. The real answer would depend upon blood glucose control, food, and insulin interactions and cannot be answered in a general fashion.

Posted to Nesidioblastosis