From Allegan, Michigan, USA:

My 12-year-old daughter has had type 1 for eight years. We have found lumps on the tops of her feet. At first, they looked like her shoes were rubbing. We have seen our doctor who first thought might be fat tissue. He wanted us to get an opinion from a foot specialist. We did that and he thought something of the same, but he found more starting on the other foot. The ones on her right foot stick up about size of eraser round as a quarter, two of them. Now, we have to see a dermatologist. Any idea what we might be dealing with? She did have ring worm on her foot two years ago, but that is gone and they say it's not that. I'm just looking for ideas and where we could do more research while waiting to see a dermatologist.

It is unlikely that this is related to her diabetes. I'm unsure what those lumps might represent. Having your pediatrician and a dermatologist look at them sounds like a reasonable course.