From Toronto, Canada:

My son has been on a pump for four years and is doing well. During that time, he has broken several bones. He broke his forearm twice, one time from a skateboard fall on a half-pipe and another time in football practice from someone falling on it. He has also had a cracked rib from a hit in a rugby game. He heals fine.

At our last visit with our endocrinologist, the doctor said he wasn't sure if my son may have a problem with bone strength or if it was just the result of contact sports and being an active teen. My son just snapped his finger from a hard basketball pass in gym class a couple of days ago. So, is there a possible association with bone brittleness and type 1 diabetes? If so, what tests should he have?

As far as I know, there is no relationship between bone fragility and well controlled type 1 diabetes.