From Pretoria, South Africa:

My child, who is not yet two, was diagnosed with type 1 a few months ago. So far, all is good with him. He gets his injections and follows a good eating plan. Is it possible that a child this small can recover from diabetes, like other illnesses such as allergies, etc.(like the body fixes itself because the child is still developing)? Have there ever been recorded cases where a small child recovered? I am not building any hope on this and have accepted the diabetes with my child but I just would just like to know.

Sorry, but this is not likely. Pancreatic beta cells were mostly destroyed over days or weeks before diagnosis confirmed. There is some possibility of a honeymoon but it is also much less likely in very young children. Keep working closely with your team.

Posted to Research: Cure