From India:

Is there any relation and competitiveness between glucose (also proteins) and fat homeostatis at digestive tract and internal levels?

Is hyperglycemia with higher lipid levels more damaging than hyperglycemia with normal or near to lower normal range of lipids?

My lipid levels remains on the lower side (triglycerides 135, total cholesterol 140, but my blood sugars remain persistently higher, 250 mg/dl [13.9 mmol/L] to 350 mg/dl [19.4 mmol/L]. However, I have noted that, whenever I eat more fats, especially saturated fats/butter), my higher glucose level comes down substantially, my motions become clear and I generally feel better. It's probably because the fats are alkaline pH promoted whereas glucose and proteins are water and acid oriented nutrients in the digestive tract while fats may create some mucus type insulation on intestinal mucus lining affecting motions and absorption especially on decreased bile action.

Your blood sugars are high enough that you could feel bad from them being elevated. If they persist at this level, I would be sure to consult with your physician to intensify your glucose-lowering therapy.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Other