From Lima, Peru:

I would like to buy a Glucagon Emergency Kit, but I don't know how to do it or where I can find one in the U.S.

You cannot purchase a Glucagon Emergency Kit in the U.S. without a valid prescription and a pharmacy where you can purchase it.

Additional comments from Dr. Larry Deeb:

You must have a prescription for a glucagon kit. If you have a family member in the U.S., perhaps you can ask him/her to try to get a prescription for one from a doctor here in the U.S.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

In the U.S., the glucagon kit is only available by prescription so that you would need to contact an American physician to write such a prescription. Outside of the U.S., it would depend upon the specific country and whether or not a prescription is needed. You may be able to contact the local Eli Lilly or Novo Nordisk pharmaceutical representative in your country, find them on the Internet or contact the main headquarters for a local contact - and they should be able to tell you how to proceed locally. Your own physician may also help you figure this out as well.

Posted to Other Medications