From San Diego, California, USA:

My son who has type 1 has morphea on his abdomen. It is growing very large, 16 cm x 10 cm, with other areas looking as they may emerge. The dermatologist prescribed steroid cream, but apparently there is not a treatment. Obviously it is unattractive. Our main concern is that he is injecting into his abdomen away from the lesion, but sometimes the insulin will not go in and seems to be less effective at times. How does the morphea affect insulin absorption?

I have ever seen this in diabetes. On general principle, I would stay away from these areas completely.

Posted to Insulin and Other Illnesses