From Virginia, USA:

My son has had extreme hunger, thirst and drenching night sweats and I am concerned he has diabetes. He has not lost any weight, but he has not gained any either. I have taken him to the doctor but that was for the stomach pain he has been having. The doctor is doing a CBC and a sed rate. What are your thoughts on his symptoms?

It is very easy to look for glucose in the urine and almost as easy to check it in the blood. Do ask your doctor about this, but the night sweats don't sound like diabetes. If you also see lots of urinating in the night, go right to the doctor.