From Hamersville, Ohio, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed almost two months ago. We have been coping well. The last week, she has started to complain of a belly ache at school. I am concerned because she did this before she was diagnosed also and I was told that it was because of the ketones in her body. Any idea what could be wrong now?

Ketones are just a single reason out of many that can cause tummy pain in children. Many of these causes can be harmless -- some need attention by your physician. If your daughter is having recurrent tummy pain, I would suggest getting her in to your pediatrician for an evaluation.

Posted to Aches and Pains