From London, United Kingdom:

I just read High-calorie diet linked to boys. Since it makes a connection between blood glucose and likelihood of determining the sex of your unborn child, would it make sense therefore that type 1 diabetics are more likely to give birth to boys? Have there been any studies on children of type 1s? I am just curious. I have two boys.

Association findings such as these are not causative, just interesting to speculative about, I assume. As far as I know, there is no information about boys or girls having more risks of getting diabetes in this manner. Overall, boys equal girls for developing type 1 diabetes but in younger children, it happens more often slightly more in boys while in slightly older children, it happens more often slightly more in girls.

Posted to Genetics and Heredity